Thursday, January 20, 2011

I will miss you Poppy

Poppy was a awesome horse still so young at the age of 13 she left us let me tell Poppy story. Reremembrance day my best friend brought home a 13 years old Standardbred Mare
  this breed of horse is meant to race pulling sulkies. The person who had who before my friend said she only had a saddle on her once and never anyone riding on her back. So my friend got her off of him for free lucky her :) Than this really nice guy name Jack came over and would work with Poppy and her gelding Spirt to get them ready for riding. Spirt is a paint about 6 years old had not been ridden for least a year and the saddle he came with made him mean cause it was so loose on him it made him harder to work with and guys he had a lot of Spirt in him to he was just lazy to. I would go over to my friends place and we would watch Jack work with them coming along way. Poppy only having a saddle on once took it very well and weight on her  back to. She was a very well tempered horse a lot better than Spirt lol. Me and my friend wanted to get both ready for riding so we could go on trail rides like we always wanted and enter them in a small fun rodeo. My friend also told me that their was a chance I could have Poppy to ride and me kinda like my own horse which I just loved the idea of!! Sadly a week ago I got bad news over the phone from my friend she told me Poppy was gone she died in the barn from colic number one horse killer. I was so sad I took it harder than my friend did it was so disapointing here I was hoping we would have Poppy trained and she be awesome riding horse, but she left us to soon. Ill never forget that great horse she lives always in my memory and my hearts rest in peace my dear friend Poppy you will always be loved where ever u are.. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment